Wild Mushroom Tort
This is not a quiche, but a little bit of the components, just a very tasty, earthy, and rich 1st course that will have you coming back for more! Key is the porcini, and the stock from the porcini. They really make the flavor come out. Lets get this easy bad boy going!
1 shallot diced
1/2 stick butter
10-15 fresh thyme sprigs
1 8oz sliced baby bella mushroom
1 3.5oz fresh shiitake mushroom sliced
1/3 cup dehydrated porcini mushroom
1/2 lb gruyere cheese, shredded
2 egg yolks
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups beef broth
1 cup brandy
1 frozen Marie Callender pie crust ( you can make your own but what a pain in the butt!)
1. Bring porcini to a boil in a medium sauce pan, simmer 20 minutes, let rest one hour
2. Brown the pie crust after poking holes in the crust for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. set aside
3. Remove the porcini, give them a course slice and brown in a pan with the shallot and all mushrooms add some of the thyme leaves and a bit of salt.
4. Add the brandy boil, boil off until most of the liquid is gone, add the remaining stock and do the same.
5. Layer a handful of cheese into the bottom of your pie crust, them the remaining thyme leaves.
6. Add your mushroom mixture, then whisk cream and egg yolks, pour over the mushrooms.
7. Top with remaining cheese, bake for 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Tort out of the oven!
December 6, 2016 Uncategorized