COWBOY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
” My mom used to make this during the holidays when everyone was over” – Daren Van Dyke
2 Jumbo yellow onions- diced
4 Jalapenos- diced
2 lbs. bacon- diced
2 lbs. Jimmy Dean sage sausage- broken up
2 lbs. Linguica- diced up
2 lbs. Mexican blend cheese
16 oz. sour cream
2 cans diced green chili
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 lb. good sourdough bread- cubed
1. In a pan cook all the meat, jalapenos, and onions- really cook them down! Then drain the fat and set aside to cool.
2. In a separate pan toss the cubed bread with some olive oil and a bit of garlic salt. Toast in the oven until browned.
3. Mix in meat mixture with the bread and add 1 lb. of the cheese.
4. In a bowl whisk eggs, sour cream, soup, and green chili’s. Pour that mixture over the bread, cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes uncovered.
6. Remove the casserole from the oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
December 4, 2017 Uncategorized